On February 8, 2018 death robbed us of our very own extremely talented female dancehall artiste, Priscilla Opoku kwarteng known professionally as Ebony Reigns.
The news of Ebony’s death shook the foundations of Ghana because she was full of life.
Till date many Ghanaian have not recovered from the pain her death brought them.
Today February 8, 2019, is exactly a year ago, sugar tasted sour for Ghanaians due to the mighty tree that fell.
brings you fifteen (15) certified facts about Ebony’s sudden demise.
1. Ebony died eight days to her birthday on 16th February.
2. Many Ghanaian Christian preachers prophesied about her death including Prophet Nigel Gaisie.
3. Ebony was to embark on a Europe Tour on February 10.
4. Bullet, her manager lost control of her and didn’t know of her whereabout as at the time of her death.
5. Her elder sister Foriwaa Opoku Kwarteng had a dream that she would die days before she kicked the bucket.
6. Her record label Rufftown Records had no knowledge of the three persons she traveled with.
7. She ran to Pastor Lawrence Tetteh for prayers days before her demise.
8. After death laid its cold icy on her Pastor Laurence Tetteh claimed he led Ebony to Christ days when he met her.
9. Ebony went to visit her mom Mrs. Beatrice Oppong Martin who had returned from UK in the Brong Ahafo region and met her untimely death.
10. Her mom and other family relatives persuaded her to sleep over and travel the next day because they thought it was unsafe for her to embark on the journey in the night but she wouldn’t listen.
11. Ebony had always taken a flight to Sunyani except for that day.
12. The bodyguard she traveled with was an air force lance corporal who lied he was on sick leave to travel with the singer.
13. Franky Kuri, Ebony’s friend had returned from the states not long ago.
14. The gory accident has been linked to a heap of sand stationed just where Ebony’s jeep crashed.
14. Mother of Ebony argued her daughter’s body should be separated at the morgue, she believed her daughter will resurrect.
15. She died at the peak of her career just as an soothsayer told her before she started doing music professionally.
Source : Browngh.com